Well, I have never won an award in my life! So what an honor it is to be nominated for the Sunshine Award by Judy Lesko!
As I understand it this award has been created by bloggers to honor fellow bloggers whose blogging inspires them to create and continue to be positive!
I’ve tried to trace the origin of this award but it seems to be a spontaneous quantum blog event with no readily traceable beginning!
Sunshine Award origins aside, there a few steps one must take upon being nominated to accept this respected blogger award. (I’d rather call them steps because “rules” sounds so stuffy! Really who likes rules?)
Step 1: Include the award “logo” in a post or on you blog.
Step 2: Include a link to the blog or website of the person who nominated you.
You should definitely visit Judy Lesko’s blog. She has got some great photos, interesting tidbits of inspiration and an all around wholesome blog.
As an aside last week it was raining, raining, raining everyday! Finally we had a day of sunshine and while riding in my husband’s convertible I snapped this brilliant image of the blue sky and sunshine:
Step 3: Nominate 10 Bloggers for the Sunshine Award.
The benefit here is that we all get to expand our blogging network and find new inspiration in the words and images of others.
Here are my 10. They are not in any particular order:
- Charlotte Hoather, Soprano http://wp.me/P3eBSx-1
- SEABLUEDREAMING http://wp.me/2KV5q
- Pursuit of Life http://wp.me/2Rynq
- The 50 Year Project http://wp.me/1f8Oz
- just after words http://wp.me/10NRV
- The Lantern Room http://wp.me/1vGHs
- BunnyandPorkBelly http://wp.me/p2ilAR-BH
- The Dimwit Diary http://wp.me/p2u1GJ-1br
- NOMADICLES http://wp.me/p2m6If-q6
- posts from the path http://wp.me/p3gDYp-eT
Step 4: Answer 10 questions about yourself. And don’t forget to provide your nominees with 10 questions to answer as well!
1. What is the stupidest thing you have ever done?
As a young person I did a lot of stupid things. I can’t say any one thing in particular was more stupid than the other. I always say: If I knew then what I knew now, I’d ____. At the same time, the follies of youth are those very same things that make us the people we are in the future. So, if I had the opportunity to go back in time maybe I’d do things differently, maybe I wouldn’t.
2. If your house burned down, which three things would you save?
I have 5 cats and 2 dogs. So I’d want to save every single one of them first. Then if there was time I’d save my computer box…I have well over 20,000 images on it. And if my cameras were home at the time…I’d have to save those. I’d just have to.
3. What would you say to a dead loved one, if you had the chance?
I love you.
4. What is the worst nightmare you have ever had?
Once I dreamed that giant bees with stingers were chasing me. I was flailing my arms about and I literally fell out of bed onto the floor. I was screaming so loud that I awoke my dog and he was ready to kill whatever was after me. It was summer and we had the windows open. I probably awoke the whole neighborhood too.
These days, in the middle of a dream, as strange as it may seem, I am often able to recognize that I am in a dream. Occasionally, I have strange or disturbing dreams but being able to recognize that I am dreaming helps me to kind of sit back and enjoy it like a movie.
5. If you could talk to a famous person (dead or alive), who would it be and what would you say?
A couple of summers ago, I had the opportunity to intern at a non-profit photography gallery and arts education center as part of the completion of my MFA degree.
I think the most valuable lesson I learned there was that famous people are people too. They put their pants on one leg at a time. So I am not star struck so much any more because I did get to meet many photographers who are really big in this industry. At first it was like “whoa” I am meeting such and so but then I got to know them and see these are real people with real lives.
So in a nutshell I’d just want the opportunity to get to know someone who’s considered famous. Maybe we’d have common interests and maybe not!
6. What is the most beautiful place you have ever been?
Home, after a longtime away.
7. If you had one day to do whatever you wanted (without caring about money) what would you do?
I would hop on a plane with my cameras in hand and fly to New Zealand. I have wanted to go there for sometime now. But it’d be a trip that lasts longer than one day!!!
8. What is the best thing that has ever happened to you?
Hands down, it’s meeting my husband. He is such an inspiration for me. He keeps me going and grounded.
9. Who or what has affected your life the most?
Again, I think it’s my husband. I think we make a great team in life. Second to that, I would say my pets challenge me to stay compassionate and loving as well.
10. Why do you have a blog?
I started blogging because I wanted to share my love of photography as a medium and mode of communication. I also wanted a way to keep myself accountable to creating work.
Here are my questions for you nominees:
- What’s the best advice you received?
- If you had to choose an animal that best represents you, what would it be? And Why?
- What is important for you in life, love or money?
- Do you have a nickname?
- What inspires you?
- What’s your favorite beverage?
- What’s your favorite season?
- What do you like to do on your days off?
- What is your dream job?
- Why do you blog?
Step 5: Share the news of the Sunshine Award with your nominees!
Make sure you have linked your nominees blogs to your post. Drop by their blog and post a comment with a link to your Sunshine Award.
Well, that. was. fun! Whew!
I am really just pleased as punch that I have been nominated. It’s like the Academy Awards of Blogging! Simply think of me decending the stairs from the podium. Please feel free to give a round of applause. I am waving my best wave and smiling.
Thank you. Thank you very much!